We are so excited for our 8th annual Bridge Ministry Christmas dinner! The evening will start with us serving a catered Christmas meal in the Family Life Center to our guests. After the meal, the church will gather with our guests in the auditorium for a time of praise and worship. As our guests leave, we will give them backpacks filled with warm items, toiletries and snacks. (CLICK HERE to learn more about the Bridge Ministry that happens every Tuesday under the Jefferson Street bridge.)
In order to pull this off, we need LOTS of help! Here’s how you can get involved:
- Volunteer! We need many volunteers to help us prepare for this event and to host our guests that evening. Opportunities are available for all ages. Below is a list of areas where you can serve. Feel free to share the link with your friends and family who might want to get involved!
- Pray! We need everyone – children and adults – to pray for this event! Please pray for our guests and that God will be glorified in all we do. We can only succeed with God’s guidance and blessing!
We hope everyone will find a way to support the Bridge Ministry Christmas Dinner! God has given us an incredible opportunity to touch many lives this holiday season!
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP
Sunday, December 8 at 4:00 p.m. – Meet in the foyer to help assembly toiletry bags, snacks and backpack items for our guests. We will be done in time to watch our children perform “One Starry Night” that evening.
Tuesday, December 10 at 11:00 a.m. – Meet in the Family Life Center to decorate tables for the dinner.
Wednesday, December 11:
- Desserts and Drinks – 2:00 p.m. – Meet in FLC to get desserts and drink containers filled
- Luminaries – 2:00 p.m. – Fill paper bags with sand and candles and place in parking lot
- Balloons and Snack Sacks – 2:00 p.m. – Get balloons blown up for Family Life Center and prepare snack sacks for our guests
- Bus Riders – 3:00 p.m. – Meet at church at and ride together to Jefferson Street bridge to meet the charter buses. Greet our guests and give out wrist bands and ride back to church
- Table Hosts – 4:15 p.m. – greet our guests in the Family Life Center at your table, eat supper with them and make them feel welcomed
- Food Servers – 4:15 p.m. – Take plates of food to our guests in the Family Life Center
- Security/Medical/Parking – 4:30 p.m. – Provide security and medical help for the evening
- Greeters/Gift Distributors – 4:30 p.m. – Greet our guests as they get off the bus, guide them to family life center, help distribute gift backpacks to the buses and guests after worship
This is a favorite event every year at BHCC! We hope you will join us! CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP!