25 Hours of Prayer – Women’s Hour. 25 Hours of Prayer will kick off on Saturday, October 31st at 8am and will end just in time for our 8:15 service on Sunday November 1st. We have reserved the 3pm hour for a Women’s Hour of Prayer. Bring a friend or come by yourself and pray with other women. We will meet in the reception room to allow for social distancing. We will have snacks and drinks for you and instructions and prayer requests for that hour. CLICK HERE to sign up to pray at 3pm (or any other hour) during our 25 Hours of Prayer. You can also CLICK HERE to submit prayer requests.
Our Next Book Sisters Book Club is Thursday, December 3rd at 6:30pm. We are reading, The 13th Gift by Joanne Huist Smith. A true story, The 13th Gift is a heartwarming Christmas story about how a random act of kindness transformed one of the bleakest moments in a family’s history into a time of strength and love. This is book club is open to all women. Location of meeting will be announced later.
Wednesdays at 6:30pm – Wednesday Evening Ladies’ Bible Class. They are meeting in person at Ann Stowe’s home or you can Zoom online. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for the zoom link. The study is “God of the Covenant” by Jen Wilkin. Each person is responsible for getting their own book. The first week will be video only.
Morning Star Sanctuary
Morning Star Sanctuary provides refuge for victims of domestic violence and their children who have fled abusive situations. They help empower these victims to break the cycle of violence that controls their lives.
Morning Star as provided over 50,000 nights of safe stay in their emergency residence for over 800 adults and children escaping domestic violence and over 7,500 counseling hours for women and children.
A Mentoring Program was established in 1998 as a safety net for Survivors when they exit Morning Star Sanctuary. The program seeks to empower women to achieve self-sufficiency through counseling, education and financial literacy training.
If you would like to help support Morning Star Sanctuary, please see the list below of items they need. Or CLICK HERE to make a financial donation that will be used to purchase some of the items below:
Items that Need to be Replaced: can be dropped off at church office (9am-3pm Monday-Thursday) thru Thursday, October 29th.
- Kitchen supplies ( Slotted spoons, Spatulas, measuring cups, plastic storage containers –any size) hot pads, kitchen towels, etc.
- Twin Bed sheets (fitted and top sheet)
- Towels and Wash Cloths
- 3-6 bathroom rugs (any color)
- Decorative shower curtains 3-6
- Laundry hampers –washable or plastic Up to 10
- Wall Hangings–Inspirational
- Carts or mesh bags to be taken to grocery store to carry groceries back (many ride bus or walk to grocery which is 1/2 mile away.
- Umbrellas (Adult and children)
- Rain ponchos (Adults and children)
- Winter gloves/hats for Adults and children
- Ethnic Skin and Hair products regular size (not hotel size)
- Outdoor welcome mats 4-6
Items they need on an on-going basis: can be dropped off at church office (9am-3pm Monday-Thursday) thru Thursday, October 29th.
- Cleaning supplies
- light bulbs
- Toilet Paper
- Paper Towels
- Plastic trash bags
- postage stamps
- socks (women and children)
- Body wash
- coloring books
- fidget toys
- $20 Kroger or Walmart cards for gas or items not available for shelter
Larger items (you may want to do a joint purchase with some friends):
contact Linda Johnston at email@example.com to arrange drop off
- Play sets for children (Indoor and Outdoor):
- Play Kitchen set
- Soccer balls/basketballs/
- Small basketball set for younger kids
- Basketball Goal for teens
- Clothes Dryer (new, not used)
- Refrigerator (new, not used)
- 2 Non-fabric office chairs
- 2 outdoor tables and chairs with large shade umbrellas
- 1 outdoor table and chairs
- 2 outdoor rocking chairs for front porch
Services needed: (Contact Linda Johnston at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a contact)
- Several buildings need repair and paint (Experienced painters)
- Paving and or gravel for driveways if anyone has connections with paving company
- Landscaping around playground and someone to help plan use of remaining yard around playground
- Small shed to be built by house to store outdoor toys
- privacy fence if anyone has contact with fencing company
- HVAC Company to volunteer service of 3 units 2 times a year.
Mentors – If you are interested in being a mentor, please contact Mary Lee Thompson at email@example.com.