Welcome to Brentwood Hills Student Ministries
The Brentwood Hills Student Ministry exists to EQUIP our students in their faith, to ENCOURAGE each other on their walk with Christ, to challenge the mature to EXPERIENCE God’s purpose for their life through ministry and to EXPOSE their non-believing friends to Christ.
Text “BHSMYouth” to 40404 to get text message updates
Office phone: 615.832.2541
Student Ministry Staff
Robbie Forrester, student minister, email@example.com 615-832-2541 Ext. 233 or 615-566-3395
Clint Peyton, student minister, firstname.lastname@example.org 502-439-4518
Links to Student Forms: (all forms are PDF)
Updated May 22, 2017
- Will Nixon (9th grade) recently completed his Eagle Scout project, which involved building 4 picnic tables to go under pavilions at the new Inner City Ministry headquarters. He had help from fellow scouts Carter King and Grant Moore. The tables will be used for kids playing on the playground, and also during summer camp activities at the ICM facility. A great way to serve these children in the inner city program–way to go, Will!
- Thank You BHSM Youth Workers! We so appreciate all that our school-year Teachers, Covenant Leaders, and Life Coaches have done for our student ministry. Parents – take a moment to send an email, text, FB message or handwritten note to let them know how thankful you are for working with your student over the last 9 months. Attached to this email is a list of our awesome BHSM Youth Workers!
- “A growing number of young children are feeling less and less confident about what their future holds.” Listen to HomeWord Daily Podcast: Danny Holland – Helping your Kids Map Their Future, Part 1.
- “Kids today have so many options for how their lives can turn out. That’s why it’s up to us, their parents, for giving them the direction they need to chard their course.” Listen to HomeWord Daily Podcast: Danny Holland – Helping Your Kids Map Their Future, Part 2.
- Pediatrician and best-selling author Dr. Meg Meeker offers dads practical suggestions for communicating, listening to, guiding and spending time with their kids in a discussion based on her new book:
- Housing for Work Camp workers needed! Please sign up to host work camp workers and chaperones for June 4th – 9th. Guests can bring sleeping bags if they need to, so do not feel obligated to have a bed for them (just let us know if they need to bring a bag). You may pick up your guests at Brentwood Hills at 8:30 pm on Sunday night. They will pack their bags Friday afternoon and leave for home on Friday night after Work Camp is over. See more details on the sign up link:http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0444a5af2babf85-nashville
- BHSM Modesty Code for ALL Students & Adults – As the weather gets warmer this spring & summer, please review the attached modesty code that applies to all BHSM/BHCC events, classes and gatherings. Please take time to share with your student these expectations and why they are helpful to everyone – both guys & girls!
- HomeWord’s Culture Update for this week, read it here.
- Ballin’ at Brentwood for 7th and 8th grade guys on Tuesday nights is going great! It happens on Tuesday nights from 6:00-8:00 p.m.
We would like to continue offering this great fellowship opportunity for middle school guys through the rest of the Spring and maybe again in the Fall.
In order to keep doing this, we would like for there to be multiple adult chaperones.
Clint Brumit is heading this up, and we just need one more mom or dad to be present each week. You’re more than welcome to suit up and play with the guys!
There are only 2 weeks left–if you are willing to be present one of those weeks, contact Clint at (615) 477-6928 or email@example.com
If you have any questions about Ballin’ at Brentwood, feel free to contact Clint Brumit or any of the student ministry team. Thanks!
- Wednesday Night Classes @6:30 p.m.
- 5th & 6th Grade Guys – Room 604
- 5th & 6th Grade Girls – Room 602
- 7th-12th Grade – FLEX nights Rooms 401/402/403
- High School Guys Hoopin’ at the Hills this Thursday, May 25, 6:30 pm-8:30 pm in the FLC!
- 5th-12th Grade Classes Sundays @ 9:30 a.m.! 5th Grade is studying “Snapshots of the Old Testament,” while 6th Grade is studying “Snapshots of the New Testament.”
- 7th-12th Grade is studying Radical by David Platt. Here are locations for classes:
- 5th Grade – Room 401
- 6th Grade – Room 404-405
- 7th Grade – Room 403
- 8th Grade – Room 402
- 9th Grade – Room 604
- 10th Grade – Room 601
- 11th Grade – Room 603
- 12th Grade – Room 602
- HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT WANTED – Wilderness Trek Spot Open (June 17-24) - We have one slot available for a student to join us on our Wilderness Trek trip next month. Please contact Robbie if interested or need more info.
- VBS Work Days – June 3rd and June 10th – On June 3rd, 9:00-2:00, we will be finishing prep work for crafts, organizing area bins, painting and other little prep jobs. On June 10th, 9:00 -? we will be setting up the different areas, decorating and doing any last-minute prep projects that need to be completed. This is a great way for teens to get in some service hours. Many hands make light work so come help us get ready for VBS 2017!!
- Promotion Day – Sunday, June 4th
For all 5th-11th grades, on Sunday, June 4, you will be considered the grade you are going into this fall. So if you are finishing up your 8th grade year this month, you will be considered a 9th grader in the BHSM starting June 4th. Please keep this in mind this summer for both our middle school and high school ministries.
- For Our Graduating 12th Grade Class of 2017 – our “Super Seniors”!
- With Promotion Day coming in June, we want to make sure that our graduating Seniors are welcome (and expected) to continue to be a part of the BHSM! Until they are off to college or work this fall, they absolutely encouraged to continue to be involved with ALL BHSM activities and classes! We still need their leadership and their example!
- “Super Seniors” class starts June 4th in Room 602! Starting Sunday, June 4, a class just for graduating seniors will start that will prepare you for the next step in your journey. Dr. Tom Whitfield & Nathan Dickerson will be leading this class.
- 6th Grade/Rising 7th Grade – Our final event will be Sunday, June 4. We will be skating at the Brentwood Skate Center from 3-5pm and then we will go to Cole Moss’s house from 5-7 pm for dinner and devo. Transportation from the skate center will be provided.
Drop Off: Brentwood Skate Center @ 3pm – bring $7 for skating
Pick Up: 5303 Lenox Rd, Brentwood TN @ 7pm – bring $4 for food cost (this can be given to Sara Jo in advance or on day of event)
Summer Mission Opportunities
Nashville Work Camp (June 4-9)
- Nashville Workcamp Meeting for ALL Participants – Wednesday night, May 24th – 7:30 p.m. in Room 403 Student Center – We will go over quick details of our community mission trip and take any questions. Parents are invited too – it should be a short, concise meeting.
VBS (June 11-14)
- VBS is quickly approaching. We are busy making preparations and I’m so excited to see the story of Gideon come to life! Have you registered your children for VBS yet? You can do it right now!
VBS is so much fun for teen and adult volunteers too! Sign up to help here!
We hope you will join for a great week of learning and fun!!
BRENTWOOD HILLS CHRISTIAN CAMP 31
Brentwood Hills Christian Camp is set for this summer as we will head out to Camp Leatherwood in White Bluff, TN for our 31st encampment. With 3 camps (Senior, Junior & Middle), here are the details:
- Senior Camp: Current 8th-11th graders (2016-2017 school year)
- Saturday, July 1 – Friday, July 7, 2017
- Registration is now open for anyone who would like to attend Brentwood Hills Christian Camp. Beginning May 1 the Senior camp fee will increase to $180.
- Junior Camp: Current 3rd & 4th graders (2016-2017 school year)
- Friday, July 7 – Monday, July 10, 2017
- Full time staff members may bring pre-campers (current Kindergartners-2nd graders). Beginning May 1 the Junior camp fee will increase to $140.
- Middle Camp: Current 5th-7th graders (2016-2017 school year)
- Monday, July 10 – Saturday, July 15, 2017
- Registration is now open for anyone who would like to attend Brentwood Hills Christian Camp. Beginning May 1 the Middle Camp fee will increase to $170.
- BHCC Staff:
- All Camps will be held at Camp Leatherwood in White Bluff, TN. We are in need of Christian leaders to lead our young people! Current 12th graders and adults are eligible to serve as staff members at all Camps. (This is not the application for WITs (current 8th-11th graders):
- WIT: WIT = Worker In Training
- Current 8th-11th graders are eligible to serve as WITs at Junior Camp (July 7-10).
- Current 10th & 11th graders are eligible to serve as WITs at Middle Camp (July 10-15). WITs will have the opportunity to work side-by-side with camp staff. WITs will have specific and important responsibilities and should come to camp ready to work hard!
DATES TO REMEMBER
- May 24 – BHSM Interns start
- June 4 – BHSM Promotion Day
- June 4-9 – Nashville Work Camp
- Baja Mission Trip- June 2-9
- Nashville Workcamp – June 4-9
- VBS – June 11-14
- Wilderness Trek – June 17-24
- BHCC Senior Camp July 1-7
- BHCC Junior Camp – July 7-10
- BHCC Middle Camp – July 10-15
- BHSM Picture Directories – 5th-12th grade picture directories can be picked up in the Student Center (one per family, please)!
- BHSM Instagram – Follow Brentwood Hills Student Ministry on Instagram @bhsministry
- BHSM Twitter – Text 40404 and put “Follow BHSMYouth” in the message portion of the text or just follow BHSMYouth on Twitter.
- BHSM YouTube Channel – You can subscribe to our Brentwood Hills Student Ministry YouTube channel and check out all the crazy videos that we do! Click here to subscribe and view.
- BHSM Website is updated! The student ministry website is now being updated weekly – please go there for the latest info along with forms for our events and activities – click HERE to check it out!
- BHSM Facebook – “Like” the Brentwood Hills Student Ministry Facebook Page to check out bunches of pictures from past events!
Your Brentwood Hills Student Ministry Staff:
Clint Peyton – firstname.lastname@example.org 502-439-4518 – student minister
Robbie Forrester – email@example.com 832-2541 Ext. 233 (615-566-3395) – student minister