Welcome to Brentwood Hills Student Ministries
The Brentwood Hills Student Ministry exists to EQUIP our students in their faith, to ENCOURAGE each other on their walk with Christ, to challenge the mature to EXPERIENCE God’s purpose for their life through ministry and to EXPOSE their non-believing friends to Christ.
Text “BHSMYouth” to 40404 to get text message updates
Office phone: 615.832.2541
Student Ministry Staff
Robbie Forrester, student minister, firstname.lastname@example.org 615-832-2541 Ext. 233 or 615-566-3395
Clint Peyton, student minister, email@example.com 502-439-4518
Rachel Sawyer, student minister, firstname.lastname@example.org 615-832-2541 Ext. 247 or 615-478-1271
Links to Student Forms: (all forms are PDF)
Updated March 20, 2017
- The following students in our BHSM senior class will be recognized during the Sunday evening service on May 7: Bailey Patterson Barker, Emma Gayle Bates, Brooks William Crawford, Toss Talton Galbraith, Elizabeth Litton Grogan, Jessica Lauren Hackett, Tyler Michael Harris, Sydni Jenee’ Hill, Everett Wade Jackson, Liam Michael Kipp, Estafany Gabriela Laubach, Jacob Ryan Lawyer, Kathleen Morgan Ledford, Bashan Liu, Greyson Dean Malone, Adam Taylor Martin, Anna Katherine McGimsey, David Brett Nelson, Katherine Lee Owens, John Thomas Paul, Olivia Robyn Snow, Rebecca Taylor Steen, Jordan Elizabeth Sweeney, Taylor Hope Wells, Alec Daniel Yates, Heath Michael Yates, Megan Elizabeth Youngblood.
- Senior parents: If any changes need to be made in this list of seniors, please let one of the student ministers know.
- We have just finished our study on Forgotten God by Francis Chan. We believe this was an eye-opening study that has brought to the surface our need to be more dependent on the Holy Spirit. We encourage you to have follow up conversations with your student in regards to the Spirit and what they have learned.
- Yesterday we began our study on Radical by David Platt. This study brings to the light our need to be bold in our pursuit of Christ. The need to live as He lived in this broken world. We have intentionally paired Radical with Forgotten God so students are able to analyze the Holy Spirit first (Forgotten God) then see where it leads them (Radical).
- A few questions that you could ask your students this week following our first study:
- What does it mean to live radically for Christ?
- Do you feel like the Holy Spirit is calling you to be active in any way in your school/home?
- What are some ways that you feel that Brentwood Hills Student Ministry could encourage living more boldly for Christ?
- 30 Day Dad Challenge from AllProDad.com - 30 ways, in 30 days, to be the best dad you can be. For each day of the month, find the corresponding number and follow the tip.
- Click here for the sheet: 30 Day Dad Challenge
- From Fathers.com, “10 Things to Teach Your Daughter.”
- NO Inner City classes tonight!
- Wednesday Night Classes @6:30 p.m.
- 5th & 6th Grade Guys – Room 604
- 5th & 6th Grade Girls – Room 602
- 7th-12th Grade – Combined class – Room 401
- 5th-12th Grade Classes Sundays @9:30 a.m.! 5th Grade is studying “Snapshots of the Old Testament,” while 6th Grade is studying “Snapshots of the New Testament.”
- 7th-12th Grade is studying Radical by David Platt. Here are locations for classes:
- 5th Grade – Room 401
- 6th Grade – Room 404-405
- 7th Grade – Room 403
- 8th Grade – Room 402
- 9th Grade – Room 604
- 10th Grade – Room 601
- 11th Grade – Room 603
- 12th Grade – Room 602
- THIS Sunday, March 26, is the deadline to submit an application for the Baja Mission Trip!
- 9th Grade Final Four Party, Saturday April 1, at the home of Jenna Wesley. More information to come!
Summer Mission Opportunities
- Baja Mission Trip – June 2-9
- Cost is $600 + Airfare (on your own) **Passport required**
- The Brentwood Hills missions experience in Mexico is a multi-generational opportunity open to all BHCC families of rising 8-12th graders, college students, mission-minded couples and singles. The week will include medical, dental, construction, helping children, and evangelistic efforts serving the people of Mexico. Limited space available. Return your application by Sunday, March 26 with $50 deposit.
- Application is on Student Ministry page of the website.
Nashville Workcamp (June 4-9)
- For current 6th-12th graders + adults (college & up) – This is a local mission trip where students & adults scrape/paint and do light repair on homes for the elderly, handicapped and low income families. This is a collaborative effort with a number of other youth groups in the area. Each night, we gather together for a meal and worship to praise the One who is changing the landscape of Nashville. This is the “mission trip where you get to sleep in your own bed”!
- Cost is $120 per student & $50 per adult – Deadline to apply is Sunday, April 9.
- Application is on the Student Ministry page on the website.
- VBS (June 11-14) Teen Workers Needed!
- We were thrilled to have so many youth volunteers as a part of last year’s VBS. The volunteers did an amazing job and the kids LOVED seeing the teens every night! We would love to have even more youth volunteers this year for VBS 2017 – Gideon, the Praying Warrior.
- Rising 6th graders can serve as Jr. Squad Leaders, assisting a group of VBS students as they travel to each station. It’s a fun leadership role, and you get to see every VBS area! Here is the online registration form for rising 6th graders (2017-18 school year): https://brentwoodhills.ccbchurch.com/form_response.php?id=94
- We have many fun volunteers opportunities for rising 7th – 12th graders. We need VBS Actors, Squad Leaders, Craft and Game Helpers, Decorators, Nursery Workers, and more! Here is the application for rising 7th-12th graders (2017-18 school year): https://brentwoodhills.ccbchurch.com/form_response.php?id=93
- Middle School Mission Trip – June 22-25
- We are excited to announce the Southeast Mission Trip for our 6th-8th grade students. The Southeast Mission Trip is a mission experience designed to show our students that they are able to serve regardless of what city/location you are planted in.
- We will begin our mission trip in Nashville serving our home community. Then we will spend one day serving in each of the following cities – Huntsville, Alabama, Birmingham, Alabama, and Atlanta, Georgia before returning home.
- Cost is approximately $200-300. All you are required to pay now is a $25.00 deposit.
- ***THE DEADLINE FOR SIGN-UP IS SUNDAY, APRIL 9TH***
- Sign up here - https://brentwoodhills.ccbchurch.com/form_response.php?id=97
- 2017 Honduras Brigade – July 18-24
- We will once again be sending a group to Honduras! The cost of the trip this year is $1,400.00. A non-refundable deposit of $200.00 is due with the application.
- Applications must be turned in no later than April 2, 2017 due to deadlines with the airline. You must have a current passport to travel.
- Students having just completed the 10th grade and older are welcome to join our brigade. Younger students must be accompanied by a parent or adult family member. We will be building houses, distributing food, working at the JMA Clinic, Baxter Institute, Jovenes en Camino, Kennedy church, and other special projects during this trip.
- We have a limited number of airline tickets, and those will be reserved on a first come/first served basis. To reserve a spot, please return your completed application and $200.00 deposit to Katie Culberson (mailbox in office or by mail—Brentwood Hills Church of Christ, ATTN: Katie Culberson, 5120 Franklin Road, Nashville, 37220).
- Application is on Student Ministry page of the website.
BRENTWOOD HILLS CHRISTIAN CAMP 31
Brentwood Hills Christian Camp is set for this summer as we will head out to Camp Leatherwood in White Bluff, TN for our 31st encampment. With 3 camps (Senior, Junior & Middle), here are the details:
- Senior Camp: Current 8th-11th graders (2016-2017 school year)
- Saturday, July 1 – Friday, July 7, 2017
- Registration is now open for anyone who would like to attend Brentwood Hills Christian Camp. Priority will be given to BHCC members and returning visitors until April 2. First-time visitors are encouraged to go ahead and submit their registration, and if space allows their names will be added to the camper list (in the order which their registrations were received) beginning April 3. The 2017 Senior Camp fee is $160. Beginning May 1 the fee will increase to $180.
- Junior Camp: Current 3rd & 4th graders (2016-2017 school year)
- Friday, July 7 – Monday, July 10, 2017
- Full time staff members may bring pre-campers (current Kindergartners-2nd graders). Priority will be given to BHCC members and returning visitors until April 2. First-time visitors are encouraged to go ahead and submit their registration, and if space allows their names will be added to the camper list (in the order which their registrations were received) beginning April 3. The 2017 Junior Camp fee is $120. Beginning May 1 the fee will increase to $140.
- Middle Camp: Current 5th-7th graders (2016-2017 school year)
- Monday, July 10 – Saturday, July 15, 2017
- Registration is now open for anyone who would like to attend Brentwood Hills Christian Camp. Priority will be given to BHCC members and returning visitors until April 2. First-time visitors are encouraged to go ahead and submit their registration, and if space allows their names will be added to the camper list (in the order which their registrations were received) beginning April 3. The 2017 Middle Camp fee is $150. Beginning May 1 the fee will increase to $170.
- BHCC Staff:
- All Camps will be held at Camp Leatherwood in White Bluff, TN. We are in need of Christian leaders to lead our young people! Current 12th graders and adults are eligible to serve as staff members at all Camps. (This is not the application for WITs (current 8th-11th graders):
- WIT: WIT = Worker In Training
- Current 8th-11th graders are eligible to serve as WITs at Junior Camp (July 7-10).
- Current 10th & 11th graders are eligible to serve as WITs at Middle Camp (July 10-15). WITs will have the opportunity to work side-by-side with camp staff. WITs will have specific and important responsibilities and should come to camp ready to work hard!
DATES TO REMEMBER
- March 31-April 2 – Middle School Retreat
- May 7 – Senior Sunday
- Nashville Workcamp – June 4-9
- VBS – June 11-14
- Wilderness Trek – June 17-24
- BHCC Senior Camp July 1-7
- BHCC Junior Camp – July 7-10
- BHCC Middle Camp – July 10-15
- BHSM Picture Directories – 5th-12th grade picture directories can be picked up in the Student Center (one per family, please)!
- BHSM Instagram – Follow Brentwood Hills Student Ministry on Instagram @bhsministry
- BHSM Twitter – Text 40404 and put “Follow BHSMYouth” in the message portion of the text or just follow BHSMYouth on Twitter.
- BHSM YouTube Channel – You can subscribe to our Brentwood Hills Student Ministry YouTube channel and check out all the crazy videos that we do! Click here to subscribe and view.
- BHSM Website is updated! The student ministry website is now being updated weekly – please go there for the latest info along with forms for our events and activities – click HERE to check it out!
- BHSM Facebook – “Like” the Brentwood Hills Student Ministry Facebook Page to check out bunches of pictures from past events!
Your Brentwood Hills Student Ministry Staff:
Clint Peyton – email@example.com 502-439-4518 – student minister
Rachel Sawyer – firstname.lastname@example.org 832-2541 Ext. 247 (615-478-1271) – student minister
Robbie Forrester – email@example.com